Sunday, December 15, 2013

Shirley Temple Little Darling Collection - As Seen on TV 18 DVD Box Set Digitally Restored to Color From Black and White From Twentieth Century Fox Film. 1st Comprehensive DVD Collection That Contains Eighteen Uniquely Charming Films! (Dimples / The Little Colonel / The Littllest Rebel / Baby, Take a Bow / Just Around the Corner)



Truly a Darling Collection
This is truly a Darling Collection. I was pleasantly surprised to receive this set because each DVD allows for a choice of Black and White or Color. I randomly selected "Heidi" to watch out of 18 of the Shirley Temple Movies. I watched half of it in Color, the other half in B&W, enjoyed both without commercial interruption, and watched the original full length movie without narration or any other added balderdash. I purchased this collection for my one and only grandchild Elizabeth. She will enjoy these movies throughout the years as I have. I prefer the B&W only because that's how I originally saw them when I was a young child. Sounds like a great new Sunday evening at 4 pm tradition to me. The quality of these DVD's are excellent coming from 1934 Masters. Shirley Temple Movies are priceless, so for the price I paid, it was very well worth it. I received the packaged collection very promptly,without damage, and received exactly what was ordered.

A little leery at first, but pleasantly surprised!
I added a comment recently to the Feb posting. My wife saw this DVD set advertised 'as seen on TV' and thought it would be nice for our granddaughter to watch over summer vacation. I did some research and found other DVD sets to have a lot fewer movies and sometimes cost more. I'm surprised to find Amazon sellers trying to sell this set for up to 3 times the TV ad cost, so I bought it using the TV ad mentioned website (shirleydvd). At first I couldn't get a secured connection (SSL) to the website. Then trying a few weeks later I got in, but it crashed when I entered in all of my information and clicked on the 'no thanks' link to some other offer the web page presented. I was a bit worried, because there was no email address to contact someone regarding the problem and the contact page had a toll free number, but said not to call it until 48 hours later... weird! So, I figured 2-times trying to order was enough and figured this DVD set wasn't going to happen. Then five days later it...

great collection!
This DVD set is a wonderful collection of 18 of Shirley Temple's movies and makes a great gift, but please do your research when purchasing. This collection is available new for $49.98 from the "as seen on tv" offer.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment