Saturday, December 14, 2013

The Mentalist: The Complete Fourth Season



Mind Games...
"The Mentalist" returns for a fourth season on CBS, starring Simon Baker as Patrick Jane, a former psychic medium and con man, now working as a consultant for the California Bureau of Investigation (CBI) with a team led by Senior Special Agent Theresa Lisbon (Robin Tunney) that includes Special Agents Kimball Cho (Tim Kang), Wayne Rigsby (Owain Yeoman), and Grace Van Pelt (Amanda Righetti). "The Mentalist" has thrived for three seasons as a clever police procedural built around Jane's uncanny ability to read and manipulate people (including, sometimes, his own teammates).

As the fourth season opens, the team is in deep trouble. Patrick Jane is on trial for murder, for having shot a man he believed to be the infamous serial killer Red John, murderer of Jane's own wife and child. Lisbon is on suspension for failing to manage Jane, while her team has been scattered. Patrick Jane has a lot of work to do. He needs to somehow survive a trial, then regain the trust of a new...

delightful and charming
I look forward to watching this each week. When I travel I take my copies with me and watch them in the evenings in the motel room. It is hard to find good programs on TV, but this is at the top.

A Great Series: The Mentalist
My wife, myself and my son and daughter-in-law as well as my daughter and son-in-law have all loved watching the Mentalist in the first three seasons and are waiting eagerly for the release of the fourth season. Better than any of CSI's (who are getting bloody repetitive (as the English would say), the Mentalist is more like a modern day Sherlock Holmes and fun to pit your wits against his.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment