Saturday, December 7, 2013

Pilates For Beginners & Beyond Boxed Set (Pilates for Inflexible People / Pilates Complete for Weight Loss / Pilates Complete Sculpt and Tone)



All the Pilates you need to get started
If you have been interested in trying Pilate but haven't been able to decide on one DVD, consider this box set. Each of the 3 DVDs is completely different and all are good. One is for people who have little flexibility. It will get you up to the point of being able to take advantage of what Pilates has to offer. The weight loss DVD is really for anyone and so is the sculpt & tone. Both of these have a lot of workouts to choose from both different lengths and degrees of difficulty. There is something on each DVD that you can do and benefit from no matter what your fitness level, flexibility or experience with Pilates.

Use this if you are completely out of shape
This is a collection for someone, like me, who is completely out of shape and is interested in flexibility and strengthening exercises. I am overweight, over 40 and has started a new workout routine that includes threadmill walking at a slow pace. Gotta start somewhere.

I actually did the Pilates for Inflexible People and this is the CD you should start with. Unlike the other Pilates DVDs I've bought, this one actually tells you exactly how to do the pose and why you are doing it. And its slow. Real Slow. Like for overweight people over 40. All the other DVDs I've purchased seemed to go way to fast with little or no explanation. I started with this one because I don't think I'm ready for Tone and Sculpt or the Weight Loss DVD.

Someone suggested this to me, after seeing my myriad of "beginning yoga" and "Intro to Pilates" DVD collections. Instead of buying and storing other DVDs, try this one first (even if you try it only as a warm up routine) and you'll save...

Great Collection of DVDs
This 3 DVD set covers pilates from many levels.

The first DVD is Pilates For Inflexible People, and if you are a beginner or need more help starting with pilates, this is broken down to make the moves easier then adds some more.

The Pilates For Weight Loss has three levels of pilates. The beginning level also is modified to help those that need it and then increases through the levels.

The last, Pilates Sculpt and Tone is good when you start getting the hang of pilates down and provides a good workout.

I have been using the Inflexible People one to get started and mixing it in with the weight loss beginning section for the most part, though I have tried the sculpt and tone for fun. Looking forward to progressing more and getting into shape so that the higher levels of the weight loss (there are 3 levels) and the sculpt and tone are the ones I can do more, though I can see myself going back to the easier material from time-to-time for...

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment